The ICW Floats Our Boat!

The ICW Floats Our Boat!


Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Beach Day in Islamorada

I have heard favorable responses to my blog so far.  A few of you have asked if I could include Google maps of where we are along the way so I will start including them. 

Yesterday we arrived in Islamorada and will staying here tonight as well.


Today we decided to take in a little shopping..... hoping I could find a few Christmas gifts.... no luck.  We couldn't resist the photo opportunity with the giant lobster. 



Next we were off to enjoy the sun and beach at Founders Park.  We also checked out the marina on-site.  Huge boats that were all set up for the winter.  One boat even had about a dozen flower/herb plants on the dock.  They were essentially condos on the water.



 
 
Today we also saw a little speed boat on wheels driving down the road.  I didn't have my camera so I couldn't get a picture, but I bet I won't ever see that again!
 
Tomorrow we are headed south 40 miles to Marathon.  Going to give mooring balls a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment